- Associate Attorney
Jason Violette, born and raised in central New York joined the law firm of Shaw & Murphy, PLLC, in September, 2020. He graduated from Ithaca College with a bachelor’s degree in 1995. He began working in law firms in the early 2000s, and completed one year of a two-year associate’s degree program in paralegal studies at the Tompkins Cortland Community College.
He continued working in law firms until he took the New York State Court of Appeals’ law office study program, a method of training lawyers traditionally known as “reading the law.” Under the law office study program, he attended SUNY Buffalo Law School for one year, graduating that first year in matriculated status. After he completed his first year of law school, he began working and studying the requisite period of time, until he was eligible to take and then pass the New York State bar exam the first time, and was admitted to practice law in the courts of the State of New York in 2018.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Civil Rights Litigation
- Family Law
- Estate Planning, Probate and Estate Administration
- Corporation/LLC Formation
- Criminal Defense (misdemeanors)
- Professional Misconduct
- New York, 2018
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- Ithaca College, Ithaca, New York
- Bachelor’s degree in music performance - 1995
- Court of Appeals Part 520.4 Law Office Study program
- 2012-2015 Law Office Study at Edward E. Kopko, Lawyer, P.C.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association